Frequently Asked Questions
Red light therapy (RLT) is a treatment that uses low wavelength red light to reportedly improve your skin’s appearance, such as reducing wrinkles, scars, redness and acne. It’s also touted to treat other medical conditions.
Red light therapy is thought to work by acting on the “power plant” in your body’s cells called mitochondria. With more energy, other cells can do their work more efficiently, such as repairing skin, boosting new cell growth and enhancing skin rejuvenation. More specifically, certain cells absorb light wavelengths and are stimulated to work.
Red light therapy may work in skin health to:
- Stimulate collagen production, which gives skin its structure, strength and elasticity.
- Increase fibroblast production, which makes collagen. Collagen is a component of connective tissue that builds skin.
- Increase blood circulation to the tissue.
- Reduce inflammation in cells.
Additional clinical research is needed to prove that RLT is effective. At the moment, however, there’s some evidence to suggest that RLT may have the following benefits:
- promotes wound healingTrusted Source and tissue repair
- improves hair growth in people with androgenic alopecia
- help for the short-term treatment of carpal tunnel syndrome
- stimulates healing of slow-healing wounds, like diabetic foot ulcers
- reduces psoriasis lesions
- aids with short-term relief of pain and morning stiffness in people with rheumatoid arthritis
- reduces some of the side effects of cancer treatments, including oral mucositisTrusted Source
- improves skin complexion and builds collagenTrusted Source to diminish wrinkles
- helps to mend sun damageTrusted Source
- prevents recurring cold sores from herpes simplex virus infections
- improves the health of jointsTrusted Source in people with degenerative osteoarthritis of the knee
- helps diminish scars
- relieves pain and inflammationTrusted Source in people with pain in the Achilles tendons
It May Take Up to 4 Months to See Results From Red Light Therapy.
Red light therapy can impart beneficial effects on the brain by stimulating the mitochondria, which are the part of the body’s cells that produce energy. Simulating the mitochondria with concentrated red and near-infrared light provides an anti-inflammatory effect throughout the body and increases circulation.
Yes, red light stimulate the production of collagen and elastin for smooth, tighten, and elastic skin.
Red light therapy is a natural hair loss treatment that’s been found safe and effective across numerous peer-reviewed clinical studies.
Red light therapy can reduce inflammation, especially in chronic inflammatory issues like obesity, diabetes, psoriasis, arthritis, and tendonitis.
Daily once 10 to 30 minutes, most of our products has a timer to help you control the treatment time.
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS
Now It's your choice to Live Healthy
Evracare Red Light Therapy products will improve your overall health and wellness.